[Heath] Determining Asking Prices

Kenth Astrom kenth at totoket.com
Fri Nov 15 16:51:45 EST 2013

I think what has really screwed up the market are two things, both at each
end of the spectrum;

1) "I got this off an estate, it looks really good but I don't have a power
cord to light it up. My father had it and I was told it was working"
.(Especially funny with the SB or HW series who requires a HP23.)

2) Collectors who need or want nothing but pristine. Not realizing that
these effin' things were stopped being produced some 40+ years ago. You
know...the VFO is going to be slightly off and there IS a humming nosie at
first when you engage the noise blanker in a SB-104A. Live with it.

My advise is to put it out there, be honest and put a reasonable reserve on
it.

These are beautiful radios, a testimony to the time and have a lo of value
and to some people (like myself) hold a nostalgia value.

But you ain't gonna get rich off of old Heathkit junk. "Fugghedabboudit" as
they say far up North east.

Regards,
W1JKP

  _____