[Heath] Stuck coil slug....

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:28:26 EDT 2013

Hi, gang,

Working on a radio and I have a coil can with a stuck slug. Won't move even
with some effort from my trusty alignment hex tool.

So I need some advice on how to loosen that critter. I can't be absolutely
sure, but I am certain that the slug is not cracked. I thought what I might
use. I have a nice Wagner heat gun with two settings. If I applied some
heat to the slug can, would that possibly help get things moving again?

I'd like some advice before I try this (or another recommendation?)
approach.

73, Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.