[Heath] SB-620?

Chris Kepus ckepus at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 12:56:54 EDT 2013

To Bill, Bob, Chuck, Glen, John, Pete... Thank you all for responding to my
question!! Great friends you all are! :-)

First, I am a sucker for dancing monitor displays. Most comments confirm
that a working 620 does have a moderate level of usefulness as an accessory
although Bob points out some electronic design deficiencies. (although the
deficiencies mentioned might make the semi-useful display more interesting.
Hmmmm? )  And I certainly agree that a 620 adds to the neat appearance with
the other SB line stuff.  And it gets "John" points for his mention of the
"toy" and "BA" factors.  Amen!

What really caught my attention was the enthusiasm about SDR.

Do those of you who have SDR (connected to your Heathkits..and other stuff)
hang out on any particular SDR forum that you would care to recommend?  I
have an Ensemble II SDR receiver to assemble so I can join the fun. (Now
we're talking about a seriously cool dancing monitor display!! Right??)

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

73,
Chris
W7JPG