[Heath] SB-620?

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 14:15:24 EDT 2013

Hi Ken

Thanks for your comments. I will post the data on my technical website when
 completed but at the moment I am repackaging some power supplies into
SB600  boxes and one of them is a real challenge.

I worked out a series of mods for both the SB610 and SB620 to significantly
 improve their functionality.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU
C  Eng, FIET, MSE
G-QRP 6907
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio &  Electronics Club: www.g3oou.co.uk
Technical web site:  www.qsl.net/g3oou
@BobFBurns on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BobFBurns

kgordon2006 at frontier.com writes:

On 13  Sep 2013 at 4:28, G3OOU at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> In my personal opinion the SB620 is one of the very few units that
Heathkit did not get quite right.
> All example photos that I see with  signals displayed show severe signs
of slew rate distortion - too
>  high a scan speed for the IFbandwidth.

Indeed! This is why I always use  as slow scan speed as I can manage when
doing "visual"
alignments of IF  strips.

> For displaying general band activity the '620 IF bandwidth
> is too narrow.

Again, agreed.

> The solution is not  technically difficult but the internal component
arrangement makes changes
> difficult so I propose the re-engineer my SB620 to make it more  flexible
and increase the vertical
> dynamic range.

Wel, I, for  one, would be very interested in your solutions, Bob. Your
work has always
impressed me.

vy 73,

Ken  W7EKB