[Heath] Panel washers?

Robert Myers rsmyers at rogers.com
Wed Apr 16 11:43:44 EDT 2014

Does anyone know where I can buy new some panel washers?  They go between
the front panel and the panel nut that you are tightening so that the
tightening process doesn’t scratch the paint on the panel.

The inside diameter is about 3/8 inch (to fit over those 3/8 – 32 threaded
shafts of pots, and rotary switches, for example).

The outer diameter is a little bigger than ½ inch as it has to be big enough
so that the ½ inch across (i.e., ½ inch ‘across the flats’) panel nut won’t
scratch the panel’s painted surface during turning.  (So the O.D. must be at
least whatever that panel nut measures from corner to corner.)

The thickness is typically quite thin.  I am guessing 1/64 inch; but I'm not
sure -- maybe 1/32 inch.

Thanks,
-- Rob, VE3JQL.