[Heath] [Heathkit] [Heathkit:Yahoo] Pot shaft stuck 'rock solid'

john johnmb at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 12:57:20 EDT 2014

At 12:46 PM 8/10/2014, Chris Kepus wrote:
>I'll second, third, and fourth the following statements:
>1: Buy/make one of the following penetrants (all will work) - Liquid Wrench,
>Kroil, PB Blaster, 50% Acetone/50% ATF (automatic transmission fluid)

Chris's advice is good.... if you can get it to move even a few degrees, by
soaking it and repeating the movement you'll get it to go.

I'd suggest a MODERATE amount of heat with a soldering iron tip is pretty
safe (granted I DID say use the biggest baddest iron in the armory!) to
start with. Many/most of the shafts seem to be nickel plated brass, which
should conduct the heat well. Heat+solvent  + gentle twisting should free
up the gunk that's binding up  the control.

73
John K5mo

---