[Heath] [Heathkit] SB-303 / SB-401 LMO, HET and BFO interconnection cables

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 17:33:01 EDT 2014

The recommended interconnect cables for the Collins S-Line is 48-inches of RG58/U.  That particular length of cable comes extremely close to matching the 100-ohm "dummy load" that needs to be in place in the receivers, at the heterodyne oscillator jack, when the receiver is not connected with the 32S- series transmitters.

Using a different length of cable, either shorter or longer, or a different type of cable, often requires a realignment of the receiver with the transmitter connected.

Glen, K9STH
Technical Adviser
Collins Collectors' Association

Website:  http://k9sth.net