[Heath] New member - test message

BOB RALPH bobralph at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 3 05:08:49 EST 2014

Hi Bob et al

Thanks to all for the welcome messages.

Full licence since 1980 - founded and ran the (first?) Collins Owners Club from '84 to '92 - station came right down to an FT-101E bought in 1994 but not used much. Since 2010 have built up a small collection of sample transceivers one from each decade demonstrating the technology in use at the time (FT-77/FC-700 for the '80's, FT-890AT '90's, FT-100D late 90's and most lately an FT-450AT for the 00's). Also have recently added some famous accessories I didn't get first time round an FL-3 and an ANC-4 (still available?). Also have an HF-150 and PR-150.

Anyway - the HW-101 (for the 60's although a 70's radio) joined the family just a couple of months ago with its HP-23A (which I am about to rebuild with all new C's, R's and D's). The 23A is working and powers the HW-101 such that I feel there's not much wrong (??) with either. Belts were bust but have been replaced them with some eBay nitrile O-rings (2 x 50mm x 3mm and 1 x 58 mm x 3mm). Not too sure about the 6146's but have bought a pair of eBay CV3523's just in case and am considering buying a full set of tubes just in case as well. Does anyone have a recommendation as a good source? I've priced up items from Rod Dill at World Tube, Surplus Sales and HeathParts. Am I OK limiting the expense to UT tubes?

Currently doing preventive maintenance on the 101E (am a member of the FoxTango group on Yahoo) - when that is finished and back on the shelf the HP-23A will come up onto the bench and after that the HW-101. Whoopee.

BTW all the radios are getting used on a monthly rotational basis - "5 and 9 here OM. I'm using an HW-101 this end" (this month).

I look forward to having a few problems I need to ask the group for possible solutions - response will be much appreciated.

Bob - is there somewhere in the UK I can get a hex. core alignment tool for the IF transformers? I've clearly lost the one I though I had.

Bob G4KSG