[Heath] SB-401 dial stops hard at 4-1/4 turns

Robert Myers rsmyers at rogers.com
Sat Jul 26 21:20:35 EDT 2014

I was turning the dial on my SB-401 and noticed that it abruptly stops at
about 4 -1/4 revolutions.  That is, about 25 KHz beyond the '4' shown on the
upper turns counter window.  It is quite a hard stop.

The spiral and the nylon follower seem fine - they aren't binding or
clogged.  And I doesn't look like anything is binding elsewhere that I can
see.

Is there anything inside the LMO that would cause this?  Is this a known
problem by any chance?

Thanks,
-- Rob, VE3JQL