[Heath] Looking for high(er) resolution schematic copies for SS-9000

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Mon Jun 23 12:17:39 EDT 2014

I have two pdf copies of the schematic sets for the SS-9000 but both (while complete) are somewhat low in bit resolution which makes reading component values,
etc on them a bit of a challenge.  Can anyone out there provide a set
that is a bit clearer?

The two sets I have are (file name, size in kB and file date):
SS9000_SCH.pdf                11,623 kB                3/26/2006
SS9000_schematic.pdf          8,856 kB               1/23/2013

Both are pretty much the same - the smaller one has Page 2 (the PA) distorted a bit and a bit more 'fuzzy'.  Generally these pdf copies were (seemingly) scanned at too low a bit resolution and it is difficult (or darned near impossible) to make out fine details such as component values.  I have experimented with scanning and it looks like 200 dpi is just about the minimum (for the SS-9000 schematics, anyways) for good clear and readable copies.

I just received a 3rd pdf set which is essentially the 2nd set but
squeezed in file size a bit (now sitting at about 3.3 MB) - still
suffers from component value readability problems).

 do have some of the originals but I (and others) would love to have an
'enhanced' set of pdf copies (great for these older eyes!).  This is
also posted on the SS9000 forum and the Yahoo Heathkit list.  I keep on
hoping!

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY