[Heath] Apache Satin vs Chrome Knobs

Chris Kepus ckepus at comcast.net
Thu Mar 13 11:38:28 EDT 2014

Hi Gary,

1.       Take them to a chrome plating shop and find out if they would do
them what they would charge.

2.       Check out Eastwood's site (and others) to see if they are still
selling "chrome" paint.   About two decades ago, I was doing a backyard
resto of engine components (think brackets, alternator housing, pulleys)  I
didn't want to spend big bux to have chromed..so, I bought about 5 different
rattle can brands of "chrome" paint.  There were a couple of the brands that
really surprised me  in terms of the  chrome look that resulted.  The parts
were properly prepared (primed, sanded, etc.).  Surprised a LOT of "experts"
who guffawed at the proposition .J  You've nothing to lose by trying some of
them.should you wish to go to the effort. YMMV.

3.       Buy a parts radio with chrome knobs or the chrome knobs if you can
find them.. quite an uber-obvious choice but I'm bettin' it would be cheaper
than what a good chrome shop would charge.

GL es 73,

Chris

W7jPG