[Heath] Need Two Switches With 3/4" Bushing

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. gharmon at idworld.net
Mon Mar 31 10:28:40 EDT 2014

My local restoration guru is restoring a HQ-145X and needs two matching
switches.  The original switches have a short handle with a little ball on
the end but switches without the ball are fine as long as the two match
otherwise.  They can be SPST or DPDT but the bushing length must be 3/4"
minimum.

Any sources?

"Meanwhile, trying to finish up the HQ-145X and have run into intermittent
operation of the toggle switches on the AGC and the Noise Limiter.
Sometimes they make internal contact, sometimes when they are switched off
they stay on.  I think they are just worn out and I see no way of servicing
them without destroying them.  I have spent many hours going through junk
drawers, catalogs, and the internet and have yet to find a simple toggle
that will be a suitable substitute.  The problem on a workable match is the
bushing length.  I need a panel bushing ¾” long, everything made today is ½
inch long.  SPST switch action, bushing diameter of ½ inch, bushing length
of ¾”, toggle operated.  Any ideas of where to find a matching pair let me
know?"

73,

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

6003 Archwood

San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

"Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

http://www.grissomroadcoc.org