[Heath] Concerning the SB-200 and tubes...

Allen Jones w9dz at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 21:41:07 EDT 2014

Several different HF amps have been retrofitted using the Russian GI7BT triode.  A Google search will result is dozens of examples.  They are cheap, I have bought them on eBay and had them shipped from Ukraine for about $30 each.  The plate dissipation is 350W and they work real well in the 2000 - 2500V range.  Filament voltage is 12.6 so a new filament transformer will be needed in many cases.  I am using one of these tubes on 6M and get 500W out on peaks with 30W of drive and 2400V on the plate.

Allen, W9DZ

 NIB, for very little money. I now have almost a dozen of those, all of