[Heath] Please Post----- FS: Heath DX-60B, HR-10B and HG-10B

Dick Pettit pettit at ti.com
Tue May 27 14:17:29 EDT 2014

These were in a barn for 40+ years but were mostly protected from
elements.  That did not, however, leave them in pristine condition. The
front panels are really nice, the covers are OK and the chassis on the
TX and RX could use some minor rust removal.

These units were assembled in the 1960s by the person I bought them
from, but he never actually used them.  I imagine they were put in the
barn, un-tested and un-aligned, when he lost interest and never got his
ham license.  Also, the original manuals, sorry to say, are nowhere to
be found.  I do have reprints that go with each unit.

This does not mean that they are non-functional.

DX-60B Transmitter: I re-capped the HV, MV and bias supplies and it does
transmit RF.  It will need a modulator tube and maybe a 6CL6 driver.  I
replaced the band switch because the original was frozen solid.  The
meter switch is intermittent and could use replacement but the meter
works and seems to be accurate.  Consider this unit to be partially
functional but definitely repairable.

HR-10B Receiver: Dial is really nice, all controls operate and it has
the hard-to-find crystal calibrator.  The dial needed re-stringing and I
did that.  Power supply has all new HV caps.  It hears signals on all
bands but 10 meters using a piece of wire in the shack.  It is nearly
aligned, frequency wise, but will need an RF and IF alignment and maybe
a tube or two.  Consider it to be repairable also.

HG-10B VFO: Probably the best looking and working of the three. However
the tuning cap was strung 180 degrees backwards when I got it,and it
tuned backwards.  Now it'll need a complete re-alignment after I strung
it correctly.  It has output on all bands, the dial has minute hairline
cracks at the edges but it rotates when changing bands and the needle
moves when changing frequency.  One case mounting screw was wrung off.
The inside chassis looks brand new. The connecting cables to the DX-60B
work and comes with the unit.

GH-12 mike:  This mike is cream colored and goes with the HW series
rigs.  No connector, but the PTT switch works and the crystal element
has output when talked into.  Not perfect but looks nice.

I also have 3 wire power cords in case you wish to replace the original
Heath 2 wire cords (Do yourself a favor and replace  them!)

I prefer selling all three as a package deal but I will consider selling
individual units.

I can furnish pictures if you want them.

The price for all three is $225.00 plus shipping from Durham, NC 27713.
If you buy all three, I'll throw in the mike too.

   Individual units will require reasonable offers.

Of course, pickup at my shack will be welcomed.

Thanks for looking

--

Dick Pettit  WA2ROC
Assistant Design Lab Manager

  "Marriage is natures way of keeping us from fighting with strangers."     Alan King