[Heath] HW-8 Cover Help

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 27 17:53:49 EDT 2014

On 25 Oct 2014 at 12:54, Ron Kramer wrote:

> How do I repair the upper cover with a 2 3/4 inch hole on top?

For the big one: back it with a piece of THIN aluminum, glued to the inside of
the cover (after first removing the paint) with as thin a layer of super-glue as
you can manage, then fill the "front side" with a slight over-abundance of JB
Weld and let solidify, then carefully sand it flush, then repaint.

> Also want to repair the other screw holes on upper and lower covers.

You can generally fill the screw-holes with JB Weld directly, then sand and
paint.

JB Weld is good stuff, but not usually very conductive.

Ken W7EKB