[Heath] O-8 Oscilloscope

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Sep 18 20:41:58 EDT 2014

On 18 Sep 2014 at 18:40, Tom Bewick wrote:

> Group,
> I just picked up a Heathkit O-8 oscilloscope. I found a manual on line
> for a O-9 and looking at the picture in the manual it looks identical
> to the O-8. Is it much different?

Quite a bit, actually. The O-8 uses octal tubes, while the O-9 uses
miniatures. Also, the O-9 has voltage regulators in the power supply for
the sweep circuits, at least.

There was, apparently, a kit that O-8 owners could buy that included the
VR tube(s) and various bits to increase the bandwidth.

> And would anyone happen to have a copy of the O-8 operators and/or
> assembly manual in pdf?

Dunno.

Ken W7EKB