[Heath] HW-101 slugs

BOB RALPH bobralph at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 28 07:10:24 EDT 2015

Hi
I agree with all that of course. Rubber bands go brittle in time and could be more troublesome in the end - a non-setting/non-ageing gap filler is best. I've used plumbers Teflon tape before without any consequences.
Notwithstanding that though it would still be great to identify a transformer currently available with a suitable core/dia (could be smaller than the original - subject to the use of a suitable gap 'filler') and length to get the same tuning result.
Apologies if anyone has nominated a sub and I missed it.
73 Bob G4KSG