[Heath] SB-630 buzzer/light time length?

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 18:09:39 EST 2015

Hi, folks! Well, after completely rewiring the R-C chains on the timing
circuitry, my SB-630 is up and running. I have the 10-minute Timer down to
less than 10 seconds from 10 minutes, so things are going great so far.

Little problem with the "1second" length of either the ID light or the
Buzzer. I've changed both the resistors R27 and R32 to new 47k and 10k. The
buzzer length is about a half-second, barely enough to get an audible buzz.
I can hear and see it, but it needs to be about twice as long to really
sound correct. Anyone else observed this? Is that .2uF cap in the R-C chain
maybe leaky?

Thanks, 73,

Sandy AC1Y

--
God's Blessings!

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.