[Heath] SB-100 TX audio gain question

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 15:02:23 EST 2015

Hi, Folks!

My SB-100 is working fine, with one little exception: to have any TX audio
out, I need to have the MIC/CW Level set virtually max. Checked the output
waveform on my SB-610 scope, and it appears clean. The tubes in the mic
audio chain are good, so I'm not certain what may be up. Seems as if the
level should be optimal around 50% or a little greater, but not maxed out.

Anyone have a suggestion where I might start looking?

​73,​

​Sandy AC1Y​

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.