[Heath] OT: Philps PM6673 120 MHz counter / OCXO references

Robert Myers rsmyers at rogers.com
Fri Mar 6 04:51:38 EST 2015

For my Philips PM6673 (120 MHz frequency counter) there is an optional
'precise' 10 MHz reference OCXO with part # PM9691 that can be easily
installed.  I know this because it is listed in the PM6673 manual that I am
reading as an available option; and the manual shows how to install it
(certainly it would be better than the basic XTAL reference oscillator in
there now).

Now, I have noticed there also exists out there an optional 'ultra precise'
10 MHz OCXO with part # PM9692.  But I can't quite tell if it would fit into
my PM6673 in exactly the same way as the aforementioned PM9691 (i.e., with
the same mounting screws, and using the same voltages to run it, same form
factor, same wiring, etc.).  I can't tell for sure because I don't see that
one listed as an optional OCXO in any PM6673 manuals that I have come
across.

It could be that I simply have a manual for the PM6673 that is not quite the
most recent - and that while the 'ultra precise' PM9692 OCXO is not listed
in *that* manual, it may indeed be shown as a listed option in a more recent
manual.  I don't know.

It could also be that the 'ultra precise' PM9692 OCXO is indeed a direct
replacement for the (less) 'precise' PM9691 OCXO, and so fits nicely into my
PM6673, but that this became available as an option after the most recent
PM6673 manual had been printed, and so is not listed as an option in *any*
of the PM6673 manuals - even though it is.  I don't know.

Does anyone know for sure if the 'ultra precise' optional PM9692 OCXO can be
installed exactly the same as the (less) 'precise' optional PM9691 OCXO in
my PM6673?

Thanks,

--- Rob Myers, VE3JQL