[Heath] Heathkit SB-102 Delayed receiver recovery

Joe mymodecw-hamitup at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 16:41:25 EDT 2015

Hello to all, this is  my first Post hope I get it correct.
My SB-102 vintage 1972 has a long receiver recovery time and if I rotate the CW level control CCW the recovery is faster.
I have noticed that if the final amplifiers draw grid current this problem shows up.  I know the finals dont have to draw
grid current to have full output.  As long a I keep the finals from drawing grid current the receiver recovery is normal.

I have tried what the manual says, no help, and several other ideas from other hams.
Hoping some one in this group will be able to help me fix this problem.
73 Joe WA3CKA