[Heath] SB-630

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 20:30:46 EST 2015

More...removed the old paralleled 2uF timing caps, and the problem still
exists. I rechecked the Timer Switch wiring, all correct. So, when the
switch is VISUAL, we get the IDENTIFY lights and the Reset doesn't turn
them off, just like before.

There is something odd with T3, the power transformer: in the Manual, there
are two Black primary wires passed through Grommet F in the chassis. In my
chassis, there are TWO twisted pairs through F - a Black-Red pair and a
Black-Green pair. These pairs are soldered to the correct numbered pins of
the terminal strip. The T3 p/n is the correct Heath p/n too, so what's with
this? The schematic shows no Red or Green primary wires on T3.

This sure is puzzling.

Sandy

--
God's Blessings!

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.