[Heath] Dead SB-101 more info

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:18:08 EST 2015

More info, gang.  The bandswitch appears to be working a bit. And the
Preselector works but VERY little and not as normal.

When tuning between 485 and 490 on the dial and fiducial for that Marine
Radio Beacon WLO, I note two things. First, the Preselector shows minimum
gain at the lowest point, gradually increasing a bit to a max at the
highest point (max Preselector capacitance). Also, the station is heard at
the same point on the 80, 40 and 20 meter bands, although 40M is by FAR the
loudest. Barely audible on the other bands. Different than what I reported
in my last post.

The Calibrator is not heard anywhere at 100kHz points, tuning from 0 to
500, so I can't say if it is working or not. Swapped out a spare Calibrator
xtal I had to no effect.

​Still very puzzled, haven't run into a condition like this before.

Sandy AC1Y​

Alexander N. Gerli, Sr.
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202

Scotsmen walk about 900 miles each year.
A Scotsman drinks around 45 gallons of Whisky a year.
Scotsmen get about 20 Miles Per Gallon.