[Heath] AR-3 Tuning Cap

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Tue Apr 19 19:31:26 EDT 2016

On 19 Apr 2016 at 15:56, Robert Carroll wrote:

> That´s the same way the LG-1 and IG-42 signal generators work, and
> getting solidified lubricant out is nasty but usually successful.

Bob: Please detail how you get that garbage out of there and get the capacitors back in
operation. I also own an IG-42 which I want to put on the bench.

> The generators are not very usable without the fine-tuning capability.

Neither are the AR-3s... :-(

As I mentioned here, I think that if I remove the caps from the receivers, turn the plates so
that the rotor plates are at 90 degrees to the main body of the cap, then immerse them up
past the shaft in something like PB Blaster, or WD-40, that eventually, they would free up
and begin to work.

What do you think of this idea? How have you "resurrected" yours?

The gap between the two pieces of shaft is very small...

Ken W7EKB