[Heath] [Heathkit] SB-401 / SB-303 LMO question

N4ch at aol.com N4ch at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 13:37:18 EDT 2016

AND.......another way to arrive at the same "zero-beat" USB  and LSB
frequencies, without moving the cursor when switching sidebands (like  what Drake
did with the TR-4, etc.) is to have ONE BFO crystal and use separate
filters for USB/LSB.   More expensive, though.   Think of it  as a receiver with
passband tuning (with just 2 discrete passbands, though) and  one BFO
frequency........and ONE fiducial mark above the VFO scale.    When set up
properly, the Heath scheme works quite well.

In a message dated 8/3/2016 7:03:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,