[Heath] DX100b meter

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:03:21 EDT 2016

Hi Ray,

My DX-100 meter is um...in my DX-100. I have an old RAK receiver here
and one of it's meters started doing what you describe. The glass had
come loose and was touching the needle. I removed it and disassembled ..
only removing the meter movement (carefully) from the case. I cleaned up
the case where the glass fits and reattached the glass to the case. I
put the meter back into the case. It works good as new now. Maybe you
will get lucky too.

73,

Bill  KU8H

On 08/09/2016 10:54 AM, RAY FRIESS wrote:

> Anyone have a spare DX100 or 100b meter in the junk box they would let
> go to assist the restoration of this great rig?
>
> Many years ago, the filter caps in the negative voltage circuit blew
> up and I put the rig on the shelf for future restoration.
>
> Recently I got the desire to put this rig back on the air and I
> replaced the caps.  ( I was amazed how much caps have shrunk in
>
> size over the years.  Higher value and voltage capability caps are
> about one quarter the size of the originals).
>
> Great success ...   last night the rig put out power, which I can see
> on a watt meter, but the needle on the meter is stuck about
>
> one third of the way up and I get no readings, or sporadic readings
> when I switch through the various positions.
>
> I'm going to contact clean the switch contacts, but I'm still
> concerned about the needle stuck in position.

bark less - wag more