[Heath] SB-1000 / FT-747GX Service Manual

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 14:58:55 EST 2016

The service manual for the FT-747GX can be found in a sub-directory at:

http://w5jgv.com/downloads/FT-747.

If the Heath model is packaged like the FT-747GX, I suggest looking first at the service manual to determine how to remove the case for internal repairs.  With finesse and knowing what to do first, it comes apart very easily and with no damage.  If one tries to brute-force the removal, breakage will surely occur.

They are very nice little radios, and extremely lightweight, just over 7 pounds.  I use mine with an MFJ switching power supply in a Harbor Freight aluminum briefcase as my HF travel transceiver.  It and all accessories easily fit in one case.

73       John...   WB4LNM                  "One of the hams from Heath"