[Heath] SB-1400 manual

Randy Kaeding randyk44 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 20:09:14 EST 2016

I had another thought.

Mine exhibited an occasional problem with the unit failing a while after warm-up. Freeze mist found the problem to be a bad ceramic disk capacitor on the small 2" x 2" (approx.) circuit board. Changing the part didn't fix the problem.

I put up with the problem for a while, but one day decided to google the problem and see what I could find. Apparently there is a circuit board feed-through hole problem under the connector near the above-mentioned capacitor. A quick fix with a piece of wire corrected the problem,

Hope this is good to know.

Randy, K8TMK