[Heath] SB-200 - another issue

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sun Dec 11 13:05:24 EST 2016

So, in checking filament voltage under load, I find that mine is 6.67 VAC, which is a bit high.
572B is rated at 6.3VAC +/-0.5 V. Eimac notes that reduction of filament voltage contributes
to additional life for the tubes.

So, I'll be reducing that to around 6.15 VAC or so.

Secondly, the lamp which is mounted in a hole in the back of the meter has melted and
distorted the meter's case. So I replaced that lamp with 3 ea 10 mm white LEDs and a small
power supply from 1/2 the filament supply.

Looks nice, although the light is awfully white. I'd prefer a slight yellow cast to it, but this is
OK.

After I have reduced the filament voltage and repaired one knob, I'll install a set of new
tubes, reassemble the amp, and loan it to one of our locals for a while.

Ken W7EKB

---