[Heath] SB104A

rgroh at swbell.net rgroh at swbell.net
Sat Feb 20 23:55:55 EST 2016

Dave, although I need another radio like a hole in the head, I have long been interested in a SB-104 so I would be interested in your radio. Seems a shame to part out a working radio!

I was a design engineer in the Heathkit Ham radio group from 1977 to 1981 and was team leader on the SS-9000 as well as doing a bit on work on a number of other Heathkit's such as the HX-1681.  I finally have a SS-9000 and, as mentioned, was always impressed by the SB-104s.  Yeah, I know they had a bunch of problems (in fact, I engineered the over voltage protection upgrade for the power supply for the 104) but I thought the 104's were a smooth operating radio.  Probably rose colored glasses but .... anyways still interested.
Drop me a line if interested.
73Bob Groh, WA2CKY