[Heath] IT-17 Tube Tester question

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Sun Feb 21 23:11:07 EST 2016

On 2/20/2016 21:38, Bill Cromwell wrote:

> I'm voting for you on this one. It's very unlikely that 'a number of'
> 6SN7 would all be bad withe same failure. I have found a couple of
> similar problems related to miswired kits - just not a tube tester.
>
> Yes..I have and use tubes (as well as other active devices).

That's what I have been thinking--with particular attention to the
wiring to the type selection switch.

I don't remember which tube tester I had and don't know if it survived
the Great Downsizing and if it did where it is--tube addy is probably
near it.

I have not done any of that stuff for years, but I don't remember ever
distrusting the tube tester.

--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)