[Heath] SB-102 Idling plate current

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 10:31:25 EST 2016

Have you replaced the 6-each 10-ohm resistors that go from pins 1, 4, and 6 of the final amplifier tubes to ground?  If not, replace them with modern 1-watt resistors which are about the same size as the original 1/2-watt resistors.  These resistors actually form the meter shunt when the meter is in the "plate" position since the "plate" meter actually reads cathode current.  The original cathode resistors change value over the years and cause all sorts of "plate" meter problems.

A little rise in the "plate" current reading is common.  But a lot of rise is not!

 Glen, K9STH