[Heath] LMO rebuilding....did I mess it up?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 10:12:33 EDT 2016

The tube type LMOs are all TRW, at least that I have ever seen!  There are 2-different variable capacitors used by TRW and both types definitely need the braid added as well as needing to be lubricated again.  Both versions, of the tube-type LMOs are shown in my article on adding the braid at the following URL:

http://nebula.wsimg.com/0900b5e95d5811deaba3db293aa63ae5?AccessKeyId=5DDC3F25F0398F58962E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

The solid-state LMOs that were used in the SB-303 and SB-102 have at least 1 additional manufacturer besides TRW.  The TRW LMOs were used in virtually all SB-303 receivers but the SB-102 had a lot of the non-TRW LMOs and, unfortunately, the non-TRW LMOs usually do not "track" very well.

 Glen, K9STH