[Heath] Grease

G3OOU at aol.com G3OOU at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 12:45:40 EDT 2016

Hi Steve

You are quite right. 3 in 1 oil creeps all over the place in time. My
preference is to use a fine grease on the LMOs but I do not use a conductive
type.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU,  G-QRP 6907, @BobFBurns
Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: www.qsl.net/g3oou

heath at puck.nether.net writes:

I have been reading (and I  hope learning) about the rebuilding of the
LMO's. I have a number of old  sewing machines and the old dried up grease is a
problem with them to. The  OSMR (old sewing machine repairman) who is the
moderator of the group swears  by TriFlow! They make an oil and also a grease.
The clam to fame of this  product is that it contains microscopic pieces of
Teflon with the grease and  oil. Some of the sewing machines are 100+ years
old and the lub is quite hard!  After cleaning them up, he puts TriFlow in
them and they are good to go for  another 100 years.

I thought I would pass this  along. The OSMR also said that the most
precisioned piece of equipment he  would use 3 in 1  oil on is a garage door
hinge! He said that is the  worse lub to use for longevity.

My $00.02

Steve
de KJ4SLK

Heath  ma_iling  list