[Heath] OT: Philips PM6673 and PM9691 OXCO frequency counter question

Robert Myers rsmyers at rogers.com
Wed Mar 16 21:27:00 EDT 2016

I have a Philips model PM6673 120 MHz frequency counter.  It was working
fine.  I bought the optional PM9691 high stability OCXO and installed it.
Now it seems to have problems; it blows the 1.6 A fuse inside the PM6673.

I took the OXCO unit out and tried powering it alone and found it draws far
to much current at its power socket (which explains why the counter fuse
blows).  It's practically a short.

Does anyone have a schematic diagram for what is inside the OCXO box?

I have attached pictures of the OXCO box.

Thanks,

--- Rob Myers