[Heath] SB-101...more problems....

Guy Giacopuzzi gggdds at js-net.com
Sun Mar 27 20:07:03 EDT 2016

Well, I got the LMO working right, and tuning in the correct direction,
but I've got other problems...CW position just plain doesn't work, and
I've got carrier--what I feel is too much--when using both the LSB and
USB modes...tuning the carrier null cap and pot lower it, but not
enough...I think the problem's in the carrier oscillator or balance
modulator, but I haven't had to time to check the voltages...(I have had
time to do the resistance checks per the manual, and they all seem ok)

One other odd thing...I found the green lead from the output transformer
cut, and three of the shielded cables in the same area
disconnected...the blue one going to "B" on the audio circuit board, and
two white ones...one going to the speaker rca plug, and one going to
from the green lead of the output transformer back to the phone jack on
the front....wonder why?

Guy