[Heath] SB-200 problems...again...

Bill Bear beartrax at mtaonline.net
Wed May 4 17:41:29 EDT 2016

Recently read comments about no 90 ma idle plate current as described in SB200 manual.  Has this issue been resolved?

I recently competed the Harbach upgrades to my SB200:  soft start, soft key, and power supply.  I also am having the same disrepancy:  no idle plate current with linear on and xcvr key down in SSB mode.  All other readings nomal, normal loading procedure, and 600-700 watts output using rtty mode signal.

On air checks on 75 meters reports a 10-15 db improvement between linear on and off with 100 watts of drive.  The linear seems to be working fine in spite of now “idle current of 90 ma."

Apparently with these three mods installed, the tube bias circuit is altered such that the idle plate current reading of 90 ma as described in the original manual is no longer valid.  Can anyone else confirm this conclusion?

73

Bill