[Heath] SB-630 Dual Control replacement

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:43:22 EDT 2017

I have been cleaning up my SB-630. Some of the controls were sluggish
and I have managed to get them back in good working order by the use of
IPA and DeOxit. However, the "dual control", heath part number 12-68,
used for the transmitter gain control (R15A/B) is completely frozen. I
haven't run into a case where the pot is absolutely unmovable. It feels
as if it is somehow mechanically locked solid. I've tried letting it sit
with IPA on it overnight, but it won't budge.

Has anyone hard this experience? Does anyone have any suggestions about
how to unstick a control in this condition? Barring that, does anybody
have a working spare control that they would be willing to part with?

73,
Dave
KC0WJN

---