[Heath] SB200 HV Question

Jim's jsutherin at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 4 12:18:06 EST 2017

Thanks for the suggestions, I have measured the HV with a HV probe and a
digital meter. It does agree with the panel meter on the amp. I'm leaning to
soft cap's since they were replaced 10yrs or more ago. Probably they have
some internal leakage resistance. When operating on 80 & 40M's plate current
is about 350-400ma, as mentioned earlier, HV is about 1800 drops to 1750.
I'm driving it with 60w's,on an SB610 scope there appears about a 4X output
display from exciter and amp output.. I don't feel line voltage would create
that much of a lower HV. All other devices in shack are operation fine. Line
voltage is running about 122ac.

Jim K8DHC