[Heath] Replacing dial lights with LEDS in SB-102

Joseph Smalley mymodecw-hamitup at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 22:21:32 EST 2017

I have posted this question once before about replacing the dial lights with LEDS got a few suggestions.
One was using LEDS from the Superbrightleds company.  They make a great product.
Unfortunately for me the LEDS I purchased do not project the light in the right direction towards the plastic
circular dial.  These LEDS shine the light straight out and in the SB-102 that is down not at the circular dial.
Has anyone used a different LED from this company that projects the light at a 90 degree angle which would be

pointing at the edge of the circular dial.  If so what color did you use?  Was it Cool or Warm?
I see a few on there website that may be what I need but I want to make sure it could be used successfully
because those I purchased are not what I needed.
I did interact with there technical people but not sure if they understood what I wanted to do.
Any suggestions as I dont want to modify the SB-102 as I built it in 1972 and want to keep it stock.
73  Joe WA3CKA