[Heath] Your typical idling plae current on your Heath SB 220 amp

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 14:16:44 EDT 2017

I have a number of kw rated amps, one of which is a  Hath SB 221, and when keyed up, with Zero driv, has an idling plate current of 140 ma.. I have looked up the specs for the Eimac 3-500Z but my tubes are Chinese 3-500 ZG tubes. I think 140 ma is about right for two tubes???

I am asking about the plate current  meter readings of YOUR SB SB221/220 amplifier keyed  up with NO RF DRIVE. My 140 ma plate current keyed up with Zero drive  sounds about correct but I would like what you are experiencing with your amp keyed up with no drive . Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW