[Heath] DX-60B Problem Found

Doug & Kathy Davies dkdavies3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:07:11 EDT 2018

Gentlemen,

I located the problem with the hi B+ line in the DX-60B today.  I started
at the plate cap for the 6146 final amp and started working backwards,
watching the ohm meter as I went.  When I pulled C19, the meter showed
infinity.  YAY!  Capacitor C19 was indeed shorted.  I must have done a bad
job of checking it yesterday.  All of the connections to the power supply
now show infinity to ground with the tubes removed.

I think I'm now ready to try the initial tests again.  However, I'm in need
of a replacement for R34, a 100 ohm, 7W wire wound resistor.  Anyone have
one they could part with?  I currently have two 50 ohm, 10W resistors in
series at that point but I believe that's a bit too much head room as far
as the wattage is concerned.

Doug
VE7DRF