[Heath] DX-60B Update

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Tue Apr 10 00:10:55 EDT 2018

On 9 Apr 2018 at 19:21, Doug & Kathy Davies wrote:

> The replacement parts for the DX-60B arrived today, R35 the 270 ohm, 2W resistor, R34, the
> 100 ohm 7W resistor and C19 a 0.001uf, 1.4kv disc ceramic cap, all of which are in the power
> supply circuit.  I installed them all and proceeded to the test phase.  Everything went according
> to the manual as far as the tune-up was concerned.

Good.

> Measuring the output, the rig is putting out about 45 watts to a dummy load..  The spec says the
> input power is 90 watts so I would think the actual rf output should be around 70-75 watts.

No.

For any REAL circuit, you figure 50% of input power, since there are so many losses in the
circuit you cannot calculate for, nor even find. In addition, even your INPUT power reading
isn't 100% accurate either.

45 watts output for "90 watts" input is just fine.

There is nothing at all to worry about here.

Ken W7EKB

---