[Heath] SB-610 Monitor Scope

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Tue Jan 16 13:57:23 EST 2018

On 16 Jan 2018 at 10:37, Mike Fitzgerald wrote:

> I have acquired an SB-610 Monitor Scope with the series number 940-3719..This is the
> best built Heathkit I have ever seen...And I've seen many!  It's so good it may have been
> factory built...Were any of these scopes built by the factory? If so,  for what purpose?

I have no idea on your 'scope, but I DO know that Heathkit had at least one outside outfit
build some of their kits for sale to schools.

As I remember it, some Heathkit employees were hired to do some of that work too.

In fact, there were several of their kits which were sold under a slightly different model
number which were factory-built for schools and labs.

I owned several (13) of their factory-built high-voltage, variable, regulated supplies, the
IP-27 and its following models, which I bought from the University of Idaho's surplus sales
department some time ago. I refurbished them all, and sold all but the "worst looking" ones
on eBay. I kept 4 or so and use them on my bench.

Ken W7EKB

---