[Heath] HW-101 VFO - more yet

ChrisIwata chrisiwata at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 20:37:08 EST 2018

The J310 will probably work, but isn't a near replacement for the
MPF105.   The J310 has a much higher Idss, so the VFO will draw more
juice.  It also has a higher transductance.

The MPF105 is no more, but I did find a shortened datasheet.

A nearer replacement might be the  MPF102 or 2N3819 that everybody seems
to like.  Personally, their tolerances are way too wide:  From one batch
to another they are very different.  I prefer the 2N5486 which has
tighter specs.

Truth be told, almost any JFET will probably work

Chris, KL7DM