[Heath] AR-3 - one more thing...

ChrisIwata chrisiwata at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 17:20:23 EDT 2018

My AR-1 had the same issue when I bought it.  Good luck finding the
plastic dial, I don't think you'll ever get one.  They break easily:
I'm betting almost all the AR-1s to AR-3s  that have seen any use have
these missing

I made a pointer from spring steel wire.  You wind a few turns to make a
coil to fit around the brass shaft as a compression fit, it expands due
to the springiness of the steel.  Then bend the wire at right angle
about 1/4 inch above the end of the coil so it will be flush with the
cabinet panel .  Now you have a pointer that turns with the brass
shaft.  Clip it to about the radius of the old plastic dial.  Paint the
tip Red or some color that shows.

You don't need a set screw, just push the coil down until the pointer is
just above the cabinet panel and properly aligned.  That set screw was
the reason so many of the dials broke:  When you moved the chassis apart
from the cabinet panel, the dial was history.

Chris, KL7DM