[Heath] RTO Status And My SB-102

Rich Sahlender wa3wlh at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 19:08:19 EDT 2018

I thought there may be others on the list that woulod want to know this.

I received an email from RTO that they are cancelling all service
requests on the waiting list. They will complete service on what they
have received thus far but if you were waiting for the "go ahead and
ship" as I was... well... the notification will not be coming.

Some years ago I bought a SB-102 from someone on this list. It has been
on the shelf waiting for me to get around to restoring it since. I have
been working on so much other old gear I just never seem to get around
to the 102 so figured I'd give RTO a try. I am disappointed of course
but understand that RTO has done a lot of good work for us over the
years although I have not had an occasion to use their services until
now. I am sure they will be missed.

With regards to my 102 I have it receiving on all bands. It seems
sensitive enough but there is an issue that I expect is related to the
LMO. From the low end of each band to the middle the receive is very
stable. From the middle to the high end it is for lack of a better word
"warbly". Any suggestions on what this might be other than the LMO?

Xmit also works with low drive. I imagine it also work with higher drive
but every time I crank it up above 90 watts or so while in tune it blows
the fuse in the Hp-23. I rebuilt the HP-23 with one of the boards from
Harbach but the old circuit breaker was toast so I replaced that with a
fuse holder. I don't recall if I had 3 or 5 amp fuses in there while
tuning the 102 and blowing several fuses in the process. I figured this
was something else that RTO would handle after fixing the "warbly"
receive.

Anyway any suggestions appreciated. I am not really up for messing with
the internals of the LMO so if the concensus on the warbly receive is to
tear into the LMO I may just offer it up here to someone more capable
than I or as a parts unit etc...

Tnx es 73 de Rich WA3WLH