[Heath] QF-1 capacitor needed

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed Aug 28 12:30:36 EDT 2019

On 28 Aug 2019 at 0:29, James Hauser wrote:

> Hi Ken,

Hi, Jim.

> Do you have a part number??

Yes. Part No. 26-28 100 uuf varible with built-in vernier.

I should have made my needs a bit more clear to the list: I do not need a complete and/or
working QF-1 since I already have three now.

And I do NOT want to tear up a working or complete QF-1 just to get the tuning cap from
one to repair the one I have here.

I only want to buy, if possible, the tuning cap. I have everything else....I think....

There MAY be a problem with the two coils, since those in this unit look very, very different
from all others I have seen. This QF-1 may have been modified for use with a much lower IF
than 455 kHz, but I won't know that until I can replace the tuning cap, which was destroyed.

Thanks,

Ken W7EKB