[Heath] Problems with HW-101

Bob G3OOU g3oou at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 17:29:31 EST 2020

Hi Ken

Assuming that the VFO and band oscillator injection frequencies are
correct then:

1. I would remove and examine the PCBs holding the inductors and test
them on each band on a Q meter to ensure that the switches and inductors
are behaving correctly on each band. If you have not got a Q meter then
a GDO will have to suffice.

2. Make sure that the PCB surfaces and switch wafer surfaces and
contacts are clean

3. Check that the 200pF is only connected on 80m (as I recall).

I sold my HW101 a few years back but still have an SB101 in good working
order although it is non-standard as it has top band as an added band.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU, G-QRP 6907, @BobFBurns
Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: http://cprec.btck.co.uk/