[Heath] Heathkit computers

Mark Garlanger garlanger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 12:43:26 EST 2020

Knowing the location would definitely help, since these systems are very
heavy and fragile, local pickup would be much safer than shipping. I've
received H89s, where the CRT mounts broke, and the monitor was loose in the
case. The earliest H89 CRT mounts are horrible. Heath later enhanced the
CRT mounts, I'm guessing since they had very high failure rates even back
in the 80s. Now that the material is going on 40 years old, I'm sure they
are even more fragile.

Eric, and anyone else interested in old 8-bit heathkit computers, you
should check out the SEBHC(Society of Eight-Bit Heathkit Computerists) mail
list. I didn't come up with the name, but I am the current owner/moderator
of the list. You can see all past posts here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sebhc and if it is something you
are interested in feel free to send a request to join, or even just follow
the publicly available archive.

Mark